Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bike Thief



We have all had bikes stolen, its just a fact of life. Urban entities accept bike theft with a hardened, passing sigh and start the long walk home, leaving just a twisted, razed lock behind as warning to the other cyclists. I lost one about a year ago and I swore "If I ever find the guy who stole my bike... I am going to kill him. Kill him ... and eat him."

Here is an elegant solution to the bike theft problem, an exploding lock! Just as banks insert exploding ink packs into bags of cash, the lock would spray a marking ink all over the culprit and bike when cut, notifying authorities or anyone else that this is a bike thief/stolen bike. You probably wouldn't get your bike back, but at least it would be a pain in the ass for the thief, which is really all you can do. After all, It isn't a matter of - how can I keep my bike from being stolen, its HOW LONG can I keep my bike from being stolen.