Sunday, January 27, 2008

Soap

I am not even going to pretend like I even care what it says on the side of this bottle. Something about we are all one and all is love, but what is really important is what is inside. Dr. Bronner's magic 18 in 1 minty fresh soap is the choice for minimalists everywhere. There is nothing more refreshing after a funky August day than a shower with Dr Bronner's all love soap.
Apparently you can use it for 18 different kinds of cleaning, from dishes to floors to brushing your teeth, but I recommend external use only. I have used it to clean the floor (that one time I cleaned the floor) and it worked pretty well for the laundry when I was out of laundry soap, so I can vouch for 3 of the 18 alternate uses.
The irony that one of the greatest soaps ever made was invented by - and for - Hippies, is not lost on me. I honor that history and buy mine at the nearby food co-op. Pick up a bottle, if for no other reason than you need something to read while your low flow toilet is clogged.